Last Modified: January 18, 2023
and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy covers us and each of our affiliates, including without limitation, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, and PermaBASE Building Products, LLC (our “Affiliates”). When we use the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” in this Policy, such terms refer to us and our Affiliates, collectively.
This Policy applies to any information we collect through our Websites, including any information in any e-mails, posts, texts, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites, and any information about you transferred to our Websites from other websites. This Policy also applies to any information we collect about you when you mail us or e-mail, text or exchange other electronic messages with us or when you interact with messages you receive from us, and any information we collect from you offline but that will be processed by automated means using our Websites.
Information Collected About You and How It Is Collected
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites. This information may include information by which users may be personally identified or other information about a user to the extent maintained in personally-identifiable form (collectively “Personal Information”). Specifically, we (or our third-party service providers acting on our behalf) may collect the following from you:
- Personal identifiers and contact information, such as your name, postal or billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP Address or Mobile Device ID, and account or user name (“Identifiers”).
- Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies (“Commercial Information”).
- Information related to Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with our Websites, or advertisements on our Websites (“Internet Activity”).
With the exception of your IP Address or Mobile Device ID (which we collect automatically as you navigate through or interact with our Websites, as described below in the section titled “Traffic, Usage and Computer/Device Information”), we collect this information directly from you when you provide it or submit it to us directly in connection with registering an account on the Websites, placing an order for products on the Websites, contacting us for customer service inquiries or reporting a problem with our Websites, or otherwise contacting us about our Websites or our products and services.
Traffic, Usage and Computer/Device Information
Additionally, as you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect certain traffic data, usage information, and information about your computer equipment or mobile device, such as your browser and operating system, your wireless carrier, configuration data, clickstream analytics and your actions and patterns when you use our Websites. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies that are stored on the browser of your computer or mobile device, small embedded electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), and other types of embedded code. We collect this information to manage our content and improve users’ use of our Websites; count and review the number of users of our Websites and their usage patterns; to track key performance indicators such as pages accessed, frequency of access, and other statistical information related to our Websites (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity); to identify the portion of users who accesses our Websites via different web browsers; to recognize if a user is a returning user of our Websites; to store information about a user’s visits; to remember a user’s preferences; to create user profiles to assist with personalized advertisements and marketing campaigns; and for similar purposes in connection with monitoring, maintaining and improving our Websites.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information, to:
- Provide our Websites, services, and products and their contents to you.
- Fulfill your orders for our products.
- Provide you with information, products, or services you request from us.
- Process your requests, purchases, and transactions via the Websites or otherwise.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Authenticate or otherwise verify your identity in connection with your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments via the Websites or otherwise.
- Provide you with support and respond to your inquiries and customer service and support requests, including to investigate and address your concerns and to monitor and improve our responses.
- Provide you with informational and promotional content and materials regarding the Websites and our products and services offered through the Websites.
- Provide you with informational and transactional text message alerts and e-mail communications.
- Advertise to third parties with similar interests, hobbies, or demographic information as you.
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, databases, and other technology assets and our business.
- Perform research and development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analyses in order to develop new products and services or to improve existing products and services, and performing quality-control activities.
- Update and maintain customer, subscription, or e-mail lists.
- Create a profile about you reflecting your personal preferences and, if applicable, purchasing behavior.
- Notify you about changes to our Websites, products, and services.
- With respect to automatically-collected traffic, usage, and device information, fulfill the purposes described in the section above titled “Traffic, Usage and Computer/Device Information.”
- Respond to lawful requests for information through court orders, subpoenas, warrants, and other legal processes or obligations.
- Enforce any contracts between you and us, including for billing and collection, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- Serve any other purpose that we describe when you provide the information and for any other purpose with your consent.
Aggregated or De-Identified Data
We may convert or combine some Personal Information of users into de-identified or aggregated data that does not disclose any of the Personal Information of any individual user. We may use and disclose to third parties any such de-identified or aggregated data (including traffic and usage data that does not identify you personally) for any lawful purpose.
“Do Not Track”
Our Websites do not respond to any “do not track” signals sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device, and if your computer, browser, or mobile device sends a “do not track” signal to our Websites, our Websites will not treat you differently from users who do not send such signals.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell or lease Personal Information to third parties nor do we share Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes. We only permit collection and use of your Personal Information internally by our own personnel, except in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose Personal Information to any contractors and other service providers who need to know such information to provide services to us that support our hosting, maintenance, operation, and promotion of our Websites and our permitted uses of Personal Information under this Policy. For example, we may use a third party cloud-hosting infrastructure service provider (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure) to store certain of your Personal Information securely, we may use a provider of customer relationship management software to organize and track our communications with you, we may use certain third-party advertising service providers, and we use third-party website analytics providers.
- We may disclose Personal Information to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a sale of equity or assets, reorganization, merger, or a similar corporate transaction, and any due diligence review with respect to any such proposed transaction. We may disclose all forms of Personal Information described above under these circumstances.
- We may disclose Personal Information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements and to respond to any government or regulatory request or audit.
- We may disclose Personal Information to enforce or apply any legal agreements between us and you, including our Terms and Conditions of Sale, or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed when the information is provided, and for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may disclose all forms of Personal Information for the purposes described above, including Identifiers, Commercial Information, Internet Activity, except for your Payment Information (which is collected directly from you and processed by our third-party payment processor only and such information is not shared with us or any other party).
How We Obtain Your Consent To The Collection, Use And Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
By visiting our Web Sites, voluntarily providing Personal Information or continuing to do business with us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information for the purposes identified in this Policy.
Our Website uses "cookies" and similar mechanisms to collect certain data from the computer or mobile device you use to access our Website.
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our Websites.
Cookies allow us to serve you better. They allow us to know if your computer or device has visited our site before. Cookies can be used to help understand how our site is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, allow us to improve our Website, and generally improve your browsing experience.
How Long Will Cookies Stay On Your Device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted.
First Party and Service Provider Cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to us; service provider cookies are cookies that our service provider places on your device through our website. Service provider cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for us, for example to help us understand how our Website is being used.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies?
Your browser may allow you to delete cookies or refuse to accept them. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about cookies at: AllAboutCookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Your Rights and Choices
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by us to contact you for marketing or promotional purposes, you can opt-out by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” or similar link in the most recent e-mail you received from us and by following the prompts that appear. This opt-out does not apply to information provided as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions (e.g., an order confirmation).
Users Outside of the United States
Our Websites are hosted in the United States and are provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a resident of any country other than the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions and to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you provide to third-party Websites or the information practices used by any third-party site, including links to any third-party site from our Websites. We make no representations, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, privacy, safety, security, or the information practices of any third-party site. The inclusion of a link to a third-party site on our Websites does not constitute any type of endorsement of the linked site by us. We are not responsible for any loss or damage you may sustain resulting from your use of any third-party Websites or any information you share with third-party Websites.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Websites are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we prohibit anyone under the age of 16 from providing any information to us or others on or using our Websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, do not use our Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP Address or Mobile Device ID, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have collected any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. You may find more information by viewing our Security Policy at https://www.nationalgypsum.com/website-security-policy, which is incorporated into this Policy by reference.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. When we have given you (or when you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are adequate, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or using our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Retaining and Disposing of Information
Your Personal Information is maintained on our networks or on the networks of our service providers. Your information may also be stored in a secure off-site storage facility. We retain Personal Information only as long as it is needed to fulfill the identified purposes or as may be required to comply with applicable laws. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize or de-identify your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose and to retain it indefinitely, as permitted under applicable law.
If you are a California resident, we are required to tell you certain things about your personal information and your rights regarding your personal information. First, let us tell you more about how your personal information is collected, used, and shared:
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information except to perform services such as processing job applications or providing benefits to our employees.
Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You have several rights regarding your personal information. We will explain those rights to you and how you may exercise them:
- The Right to Know: This means you have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you, the categories of this personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your personal information, the categories of third-parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. However, keep in mind, that this right is subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Correct: You can request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right Not to Receive Discriminatory Treatment: You have the right not to be discriminated against based on your personal information, and the right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of your rights under California law.
You may also request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights listed above by calling us at 1-800-833-8158 or emailing us at email@example.com. If you exercise any of these rights, we may need to verify your identity. If we need to do so, we may ask you to provide certain information such as your driver's license, or other form of identification. If we cannot verify your identity, we may deny your request. If that happens, we will let you know. You can also have an authorized agent exercise your rights on your behalf using the same methods as described above. If you do so, we may also ask your authorized agent to provide proof that they are authorized to act on your behalf.
Selling or Sharing Personal Information
We do not “sell” or “share” your personal information as those terms are defined by California law. Only our service providers are allowed access to personal information.
Other California Privacy Rights
Under California law we are required to let you know you may request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section describes the rights you have under Canadian privacy law if you are resident in Canada.
Withdrawing Your Consent
You may withdraw all or part of your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy at any time upon reasonable notice to us in writing, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. The withdrawal of your consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with the services and products that you have or would like to receive.
You may also opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Transfer Outside Canada
At times we may transfer your personal information outside of Canada, including to service providers outside Canada who may perform services for us involving some of your personal information. This information is subject to both the laws of Canada and the laws of those other jurisdictions, including laws with respect to disclosure of such information, and may be accessible by regulatory authorities in other jurisdictions. When we transfer personal information to service providers, we ensure by contractual means that the transferred personal information is protected to the same degree as if it were in our possession.
Ensuring Accuracy and Accessibility of Your Information
We will do our best to ensure that your personal information is correct and kept current. You are requested to notify us as soon as possible of any changes, deletions or corrections to your personal information so that we may keep such information up-to-date.
With certain limited exceptions as provided under applicable privacy law, you have the right to access your personal information held by us and to request that the information be corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or collected in violation of law. You may update or correct information about yourself by writing to us, as further described below. We will respond to your written request promptly. Please note that we may be unable to provide you with full access to your personal information if we are prohibited by law or regulatory reasons to do so, or if the information has been securely destroyed. Subject to legal or contractual restrictions, we will provide you with an explanation if we are unable to fulfill your access request.
Responding to Inquiries and Complaints
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street
Gatineau, QC K1A 1H3
“We” are National Gypsum Services Company d/b/a National Gypsum Company, a North Carolina corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. To ask questions or to submit comments about this Policy and our privacy practices, you may contact us
Via E-mail: email@example.com
- Online via our Contact Us page: https://nationalgypsum.com/contact
- Via Telephone: 704-365-7300
- Via Postal Mail: 2001 Rexford Road; Charlotte, NC 28211
We will post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we collect, use or disclose Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on our Websites’ home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active, and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Policy to check for any changes.