Lightweight, rigid substrate
For interior and exterior applications
- Moisture & Mold Resistant.
- Easier Cut & Faster Install.
- Smoother Surface / Stronger Bond.
- EdgeTech® Reinforced Edge.
PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board has the same qualities built into PermaBASE® Cement Board but is 15% lighter. When you need to lighten your load, consider PermaBASE PLUS for both interior and exterior applications.
- Stays intact when exposed to water; will not rot, disintegrate or swell – built for the long run.
- Achieves the industry’s lowest water-absorption rating (ASTM C473) – offering better installation.
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Resists impact and remains dimensionally stable – extending the life of your project.
- Holds up to toughest conditions.
- Lightweight and easy to cut – speeding up installation.
- Reduces job site waste – easier, cleaner cut.
- Durable substrate for direct-applied coating systems.
- Meets UL classifications for one- and two-hour fire-rated assemblies.
- Building code approved – one substrate that does the job of many
- For interior application information, click here.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty for Residential Interior applications.
- For exterior application information, click here.
- 15-year Limited Warranty for Exterior applications.
PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board has achieved UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Video: Kitchen Backsplash Installation with PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board
Products that suit any project criteria
Cement Board Masonry Veneer, Cement Board Stucco, Outdoor Living, Shower, Bathtub, Accent Wall, Floors, Sauna / Steam Room, Kitchen, Heat Shield, Architectural Coatings
EdgeTech® Reinforced Edge
7/16", 1/2", 5/8"
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to answer your product and installation questions
What kind of fasteners do I use to install PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board?
Corrosion resistant screws or galvanized roofing nails. Strongly suggest PermaBASE screws since they do not have nibs like competitor screws.
What do I tape the PermaBASE board joints with?
3" or 4” Alkali-resistant mesh tape and polymer-modified mortar mix.
How much lighter is PermaBASE PLUS?
PermaBASE PLUS is 15% lighter than standard PermaBASE Cement Board for the same thickness
What is the required maximum stud spacing for walls?
16” o.c for wood and metal.
What is the fastener spacing for interior wall applications?
Every 8” o.c. along the perimeter and field of board.
Product details and technical documentation
For International Distributors of Unifix products, click belowExplore Now
Discuss your project with Unifix experts who can help guide your product selection.Get In Touch
Need Technical Information?
Unifix is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by PermaBASE Building Products, LLC.